Research Applications for Practice Improvement Decisions (RAPID) Program provides fundamental knowledge of research terminology, methods and processes, biomedical statistics and clinical epidemiology that will provide information to make practice-improvement decisions.
Offered by the Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCaTS), this program includes:
- Fundamentals of Clinical and Translational Science (FunCaTS) (10 hours)
- Introduction to Clinical Epidemiology (25 hours)
- Statistics in Clinical Research (25 hours)
Participants can register at any time and will have 6 months to complete the program in Blackboard with the content accessible for up to one year.
**If you are having issues with registration, please contact Justin Anderson at 3-3835 or Anderson.Justin@mayo.edu.
Disclaimer: Learners who are registered in or complete the RAPID Program may later enroll in the CCaTS Postdoctoral Master's Degree Program or Postdoctoral Diploma Program. However, the RAPID Program will not fulfill prerequisite requirements or transfer to any CCaTS Program and no graduate credits will be awarded.
- Anytime, anywhere learning
- Self-directed and self-paced (asynchronous)
- Aligns with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Practice-Based Learning and Improvement competency (IV.A.5.c)
- Includes statistical and epidemiological content assessed on the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 exam
- No research project required
- Approximately 60 hours of course work
- Utilizes Blackboard online learning management system
A certificate of completion is granted upon successful completion of the program (cumulative quiz and test scores of 80 percent or higher).
Questions? Email CCaTS Education or call (77) 3-3835