Exceptional Patient Centered Critical Care: The CERTAIN Approach
Exceptional, Patient Centered Critical Care: The CERTAIN Approach
September 22 - 23, 2020 - Mayo Clinic - Rochester, Minnesota
Nygaard Lecture Hall, Siebens Building
Consistent, patient centered care and delivery of evidence based best practices can be challenging in the complex, dynamic ICU. The CERTAIN (Checklist for Early Recognition and Treatment of Acute Illness and iNjury) program offers providers and healthcare teams a systematic approach to the initial assessment and ongoing evidence based management of the critically ill or injured patient. CERTAIN also offers bedside decision support tools, and a pragmatic approach to quality improvement to speed integration of these principles in daily clinical practice .
Come and learn the CERTAIN Approach through our interactive, hands on learning experience delivered by an international panel of faculty experts, with extensive experience implementing this program in intensive care units (ICUs) across five continents over the past five years. This two day course includes:
- Hands on simulation workshops to experience the CERTAIN approach to:
- Admission and resuscitation
- ICU rounding
- CERTAIN checklists, decision support
- Rapid assessment using point of care ultrasound as a stethoscope
- Case based discussions on shared decision making and practical approaches to patient centered care and humanizing the ICU (including the Get to Know Me Board)
- Expert lectures on key areas of critical care delivery: process standardization, implementation science, informatics, quality improvement, education and research
- Interactive audience, panel discussion of current critical care controversies
Participants are eligible to be recognized as a CERTAIN Trainer at the successful completion of this program.
This course is designed for physicians, nurse practitioners/physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, and respiratory therapists caring for acutely ill patients in the ICU and Emergency Department.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Describe the importance of managing acutely ill and injured patients by the standardized, systematic and structured approach.
• Apply the CERTAIN Approach (admission, rounding, point of care ultrasound, and patient centered decision making) to consistently deliver the best possible care to acutely ill and injured patients.
• Develop implementation strategies to incorporate the CERTAIN approach into their healthcare team’s daily clinical practice.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Below is an option for lodging:
Hilton Rochester Mayo Clinic Area
10 East Center Street
Rochester, Minnesota, 55904
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.75 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.75 knowledge-based contact hours. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be available to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 10.75 ACPE
- 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 10.75 ANCC
- 10.75 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.