Mayo Clinic Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Symposium 2018
This highly immersive hands-on workshop provides the latest techniques and technology surrounding the clinical use of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO). Through integrated clinical scenarios providers will apply the knowledge gained towards the initiation and management of ECMO on simulated cases of acute respiratory and hemodynamic failure. They will deepen their understanding of the applied physiology of both venovenous and venoarterial ECMO utilizing high fidelity simulation labs and its interaction with conventional life support treatments.
This course is intended to meet the needs of anesthesiologists, cardiologists, emergency physicians, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, and all other providers who care for patients in any setting in which critical care is provided.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the components of the ECMO circuit
- Describe basic and advanced physiology of venovenous and venoarterial ECMO.
- Recognize major indications and contraindications of venovenous and venoarterial ECMO.
- Identify common problems and major complications of ECMO.
- Differentiate the interaction ECMO has on various patient organ systems.
- Comprehensively assess the ECMO patient with appropriate monitoring techniques.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.