For more information regarding this offering and for registration information, please visit our full website.
This course is being offered June 16-18, 2016 and August 11-13, 2016.
Be one of the first to experience Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program for Physicians, a new offering uniquely designed by and for physicians like you. Invigorate your knowledge of and commitment to physical activity, nutrition, and resiliency and the mind-body connection through an immersive experience that will benefit you and your patients.
Based on The Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program principles, you will learn how lifestyle medicine can prevent and treat chronic disease and improve quality of life. Unlike traditional CME that uses classroom-based formats to educate physicians, this course offers active, hands-on learning and the creation of an individualized wellness plan. Learning in this personal manner will allow you to better guide patients to make similar healthy behavior changes.
Your personalized experience includes accommodations at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Rochester, MN, located just blocks from the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center. Reservations will be made when you call to reserve your place with the Healthy Living Program, where special room needs may be discussed.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the relationship between health behaviors, chronic disease and quality of life.
- Design a health assessment for use in clinical practice.
- Create your own individualized wellness plan.
- Track health behaviors on an ongoing basis.
- Develop skills to help patients design their own individualized wellness plan.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- Developed for the practicing physician
- Individualized wellness plan
- Small group sessions, only 15 spaces available per session
- Personal physical activity assessment
- Earn up to 22.25 CME credits
- One-on-one sessions with wellness specialists: physicians, wellness physical therapists, wellness exercise specialist, certified wellness coaches and dietitians