Hot Topics in Primary Care 2016
Course Directors: Andrea Skinner, D.O., Stephanie Raap, P.A.-C., Sarah Strahm, N.P., and Robert F. Watson, M.D.
Hot Topics in Primary Care is an annual seminar planned by family practice providers that is designed to provide the primary care physician, physician assistant and nurse practitioner with practice updates on the management of various patient health concerns in primary care. The desired result of each presentation is to increase providers’ knowledge and/or competence. At the conclusion of each presentation, you will be asked to evaluate whether an increase in knowledge/skills has occurred and what you think you will be able to implement upon returning to your practice.
Full Fee: M,D., DO, Scientists $150.00
Reduced Fee: RN, P.A.s, N.P.s, Allied Health Professionals $100.00
In order to register for this or any other course, you must first create a profile (click “log in” in upper right-hand corner of the screen) and return to this page upon profile completion to purchase this course. If you already have a profile, simply click register now at the bottom of the page.
Location and Directions
This course is designed for Primary Care (Family Medicine; Internal Medicine; Pediatrics) Physicians, D.O.s, P.A.s and N.P.s.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and treat common skin conditions in children.
- Recognize worrisome skin conditions in children.
- Know when to refer children to dermatology.
- Discriminate between clinically significant and non-clinically significant findings commonly reported on advanced imaging.
- Increase understanding of limitations of types of exams and when to order more advanced imaging.
- Identify why sexual health is important to patients.
- Explain how to ask a patient about sexual health.
- Explain what you can do, in the office, to address sexual health concerns.
- Identify when and how to refer patients with sexual health issues.
- 6.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™