Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review 2022
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream attendance options
September 8 - 11, 2022 - Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel - Chicago, Illinois
The Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is a high-yield program designed to prepare candidates for the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) initial and maintenance of certification examinations in gastroenterology and hepatology. Case-based content delivered by Mayo Clinic faculty provides learners with the most time-efficient, comprehensive review to assist in successful preparation for the board exam. In addition, attendees receive up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately into daily clinical practice.
- Mayo Clinic faculty share more than 20 years of experience preparing learners for the board exam
- Recommended by nearly 100 percent of attendees
- Earn more than 30 ABIM MOC points with your CME credit
- Interactive format with dedicated Q&A sessions
Study materials included with registration:
- Online access to course recordings until the spring recertification exam
- Access to all presentation slides and additional study materials in a mobile app with note-taking features
- Electronic course syllabus
- Electronic question and answer book, which compiles the board-review type questions from the course
- Electronic 100+ questions practice test
- Electronic list of daily, high-yield facts and images
- Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review textbook (Fifth Edition)
|Residents, Fellows, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and Retirees||$899|
This course is designed for GI fellows and individuals preparing for GI board exams and recertifications. Others that may find this course beneficial include, gastroenterologists needing MOC, GI nurse assistants, NPs, PAs, research personnel, GI assistants, and internists with interest in GI.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify common liver diseases including viral hepatitis, autoimmune and inherited.
- Review the management of complications of cirrhosis.
- Identify common esophageal disorders and correctly interpret esophageal testing including manometry and impedance pH testing.
- Review gastric acid physiology and common diseases of the stomach and duodenum.
- Review micronutrient deficiencies and their manifestations.
- Review common malabsorptive disorders.
- Review diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree including acute and chronic pancreatitis, gallstones, and pancreatic cystic lesions.
- Review colonic disorders including constipation, inflammatory bowel disease and hereditary polyposis syndromes.
- Examine the management of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary malignancies including cancers of the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, bile duct and pancreas.
- Examine relevant areas of pathology, endoscopy, radiology, and nutrition.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic is closely monitoring COVID-19 prevalence and may adjust live course attendance limits as necessitated by CDC, public health and other relevant guidelines. Please review all applicable state and local COVID-19 travel restrictions, guidance, and resources before traveling to your course destination. Attendees are asked to comply with all live course and conference requirements and guidelines. See current Mayo Clinic Guidelines.
Rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel. In order to receive the special rates, reservations must be made before August 26, 2022, or before the room block fills. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic 2022 Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review CPD course when making your reservation.
Reservations are based on space and rate availability. Hotel requires a one-night deposit and cancellation notice of 3 business days prior to arrival for a refund.
Click here to make hotel room reservation online or call 1-800-333-3333 and provide group code "MAYO22" to make hotel room reservation by phone.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registration such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 32.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 32.75 medical knowledge points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 32.75 ABIM
- 32.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 32.75 Attendance
The Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review 2022 course is pleased to offer the opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, complete the following:
- Review the Exhibitor Prospectus
- Create an account/profile (or log-in) if you already have one
- Complete the Exhibitor Agreement Form
Contact us. for additional information.