Mayo Clinic 2016 Update in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
This course will provide the latest, state-of-the-art information on the diagnosis and management of common disorders such as GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disorder), obesity, pancreatic cystic abnormalities, bleeding from small bowel, anorectal diseases, hepatitis C, and cholestatic liver diseases. In addition, advances in liver transplantation and endoscopic innovations will be presented.
Course format will offer didactic lectures, panel discussions and Q & A. Active audience participation is strongly encouraged.
|Full Fee - M.D., D.O., Scientist||$185.00|
|Reduced Fee - Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$140.00|
The intended audience includes gastroenterologists, primary care physicians, advanced practitioners and nurses.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe new therapeutic applications of endoscopic techniques
- Assess new recommendations on pancreatic cysts
- Integrate new paradigm on the treatment of obesity
- Identify complicated features of GERD and potential side effects of treatment
- Explain current guidelines on surveillance of colon cancer in high risk patients
- Apply appropriate new therapy for IBD
- Assess which diagnostic tools to use in the management of occult GI bleeding
- Explain the common diseases in the rectum and anus
- Describe new terminology and its implications in common digestive pathologies
- Assess the latest Hepatitis C therapies and their efficacies
- Describe cholestatic liver conditions and appraise current and emerging therapies for these conditions
- Explain long-term care paradigms for chronic liver disease through the lens of the advance practitioner role
- Review the current concepts in liver transplantation of importance to medical providers
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 AOA