Mayo Clinic Healthy Living: Physician Wellness at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC 2017
This one-day novel course will blend didactic lectures with interactive sessions to help participating physicians:
- Learn about making healthy behavior changes that will help in counseling patients
- Learn about lifestyle medicine
- Participate in classes designed to help create individualized wellness plans
Join us for an immersive experience uniquely designed by Mayo Clinic physicians FOR physicians like you. Invigorate your knowledge of and commitment to physical activity, nutrition, resilience, and the mind-body connection. Unwind in the luxury of this five-star hotel while you expand your education and transform your personal wellness.
This course is designed for physicians practicing in internal medicine, family medicine, primary care, preventive medicine, concierge medicine, cardiovascular medicine, and endocrinology.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the relationship between health behaviors, chronic disease, and the quality of life.
- Assess patient wellness in their own clinical practice.
- Create their own individualized wellness plan.
- Develop skills to help patients design and execute their own individualized wellness plan.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates of $295 per night at the Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC.
Reservations can be made by calling 202-787-6140 or online. When calling, please mention you are an attendee of the Mayo Clinic Physician Wellness course.
The room rate includes complimentary valet parking, complimentary wi-fi and late check out at 2 p.m.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science and Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC. Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 9.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™