Updates In Internal Medicine 2016
Course Directors: Arya Mohabbat, M.D. and Sanjeev Nanda, M.D.
The purpose of the meeting is to present up-to-date information as well as contemporary approaches and strategies to the ever-changing and expanding discipline of internal medicine. The program will attempt to cover the scope of internal medicine, selecting from a variety of pertinent general and sub-specialty-derived topics. Expert faculty will present evidence-based and emerging practical clinical approaches regarding various general and sub-specialty topics.
|October 19, 2016|
|ABIM 2016 Update in Internal Medicine 8:00 am - 10:00 am||$200.00|
|ABIM 2016 Update in Hospital Medicine 10:15 am - 12:15 pm||$200.00|
|October 20-22, 2016|
|Updates in Internal Medicine (Includes electronic syllabus)||$795.00|
|Optional General Session Paper Syllabus (pre-order by 9/23/16)||$50.00|
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete the exhibit forms and submit to Tracy Parks.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Summarize recent updates, clinical studies and new guidelines that impact practice in general medicine.
- Describe updates in novel oral anticoagulant management.
- Summarize common clinical pearls in the areas of general internal medicine, cardiology, gastroenterology and infectious diseases.
- Review cases in chronic headache management.
- Review cases in dermatology.
- Summarize new insulin treatment strategies for diabetic patients.
- Describe updates in men’s and women’s sexual health.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
*October 19, 2016 (PLEASE NOTE THE MOC SESSIONS HAVE BEEN REVISED)
- 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™