This annual course is designed to provide a case-based update on the diagnosis and treatment of commonly encountered cardiovascular conditions. Expert faculty will focus on challenging aspects of coronary artery disease, atrial fibrillation, congestive heart failure, valvular heart disease, congenital heart disease, pulmonary hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, and preventive cardiology. This case-based review will address the relevant guidelines and latest treatment options for patients with these conditions.
|MD, PhD, DO, PharmD||$879.00|
|Resident, Fellow, RN, NP, PA, Sonographer||$779.00|
The course will offer a complementary Architectural Tour aboard one of Chicago’s First Lady ships on Friday, September 18, 2015 from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. for course faculty, attendees, and their guests. The reception will include light hors d'oeuvres. The boarding location is approximately two blocks from the InterContinental Hotel. We will sail rain or shine. Pre-registration is required with course registration.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine designates this live activity, for a maximum of 17.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Summarize key aspects of the new valvular heart disease guidelines
- Describe the assessment and treatment of prosthetic valve dysfunction
- Review current pharmacologic, non-pharmacologic and strategies in patients with atrial fibrillation
- Describe how to assess and treat patients with syncope and structural heart disease
- Describe how to make a diagnosis of Brugada Syndrome
- Describe how to manage patients with STEMI
- Describe the contemporary treatment of heart failure
- Describe the role of genetic testing in patients with cardiovascular disease
- Describe how to assess frailty
- Review the evidence for treatments related to preventive cardiology
- Describe how to evaluate and treat patients with pulmonary hypertension
- Describe how to evaluate and treat patients with constrictive pericarditis
- Describe how to evaluate and treat patients with cryptogenic stroke
- Describe how to treat pregnant patients with underlying cardiovascular disease
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.