(in-person) courses and conferences effective July 1, 2021 and available COVID-19 online education and resources.
Current Issues in Cancer Care- 2021 LIVESTREAM CNE Conference
This livestream CNE conference will present a variety of updates in diagnosis, care and treatment of cancer patients. Topics include the nurse navigator role, liquid biopsies, carbon therapy, pharmacology, mindfulness, acupressure and massage therapy, and allogeneic stem cell transplant. Types of cancer highlighted are: pancreatic, head and neck, esophageal, and multiple myeloma.
Livestream on October 26, 2021. All sessions will be recorded and available for registered attendees to view through January 26, 2022.
Course Director: Denise Rismeyer, MSN, RN, NPD-BC
This livestream CNE conference is designed for nurses and other healthcare professionals providing care for patients with any type of cancer.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify new diagnosis and treatments for care of patients with pancreatic, head and neck, multiple myeloma, and esophageal cancers
- Describe the role of the nurse navigator
- List one update in pharmacology related to cancer care
- Outline two methods to practice mindfulness in daily life
- Describe one emerging topic in allogeneic stem cell transplant
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.