EDGE Talks 2020: Endourology Talks & Updates Online CME Course with Audit Option
Course Directors: Mitchell R. Humphreys, M.D.; Ben Chew, M.D.; Brian Eisner, M.D.; Roger Sur, M.D.
Available until May 30, 2023 - Online CME Course
EDGE Talks will provide a comprehensive overview on the latest techniques and technology surrounding Endourology. This online series will discuss the use of holmium lasers in urology for the management of various diseases, with a focus on the management of urolithiasis and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Comprised of didactic lectures, engaging panel discussions and debates with physician experts, and clinical case presentations, EDGE Talks will also address percutaneous nephrolithotomy, HoLEP, new Lasers, BPH Management, work life balance and Ureteroscopes. Learners can immediately apply these leading-edge concepts into practice.
|Online CME Course with Credit||$335|
M.D., D.O., Residents or fellows in urology.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and describe the safety parameters associated with all laser platforms in urology for kidney stones and benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Give examples of the use of lasers and their effects as a mechanism of action on tissue and kidney stones
- Analyze the equipment, techniques and detect potential complications for holmium enucleation and ablation of the prostate, compare to alternative techniques
- Differentiate the equipment and techniques and distinguish potential complications of lasers in ureteroscopy for stone removal
- Internalize the various procedures for safely performing percutaneous nephrolithotomy and be able to recognize and treat the associated complications.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 13.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association designates this program for a maximum of 13.50 AOA Category 2-A credits.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 13.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.50 AOA Category 2-A
Access to online streaming course is available from the date of purchase until the course expires on May 30, 2023. Credit must be claimed within that time period.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
View Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.