Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review - Online
David Bruining, M.D.
|Karthik Ravi, M.D.|
The online Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is designed for candidates preparing for certification and maintenance of certification (MOC) examinations in gastroenterology and hepatology. The Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review will include relevant topics such as pathology, endoscopy, radiology, and nutrition.
This online Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is designed for candidates preparing for certification examinations in gastroenterology and hepatology.
Upon conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify common liver diseases including viral hepatitis, autoimmune and inherited liver diseases.
- Identify the management of complications of cirrhosis.
- Identify common esophageal disorders and correctly interpret esophageal testing including manometry and impedance pH testing.
- Review gastric acid physiology and common diseases of the stomach and duodenum.
- Review micronutrient deficiencies and their manifestations.
- Review common malabsorptive disorders.
- Review diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree including acute and chronic pancreatitis, gallstones, and pancreatic cystic lesions.
- Review colonic disorders including constipation, inflammatory bowel disease and hereditary polyposis syndromes.
- Recall the management of GI and hepatobiliary malignancies including cancers of the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, bile duct and pancreas.
- Recall relevant areas of pathology, endoscopy, radiology, and nutrition.
Participation in this Mayo Clinic online course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
|Michael D. Leise, M.D.|
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 30.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 30.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 30.00 Attendance
This online course contains content from the 2019 Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review live course.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.