Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series - January 20, 2021 - Online CME Course
Session 13: Supply Chain Considerations for Delivering the COVID-19 Vaccine
January 20, 2021, 9:30-10:30 a.m. CT
Health care officials around the world are preparing to roll out a vaccine against COVID-19. In this webinar, Mayo Clinic experts will discuss logistical considerations and supply chain challenges for delivering and distributing the vaccine. Topics include overcoming vaccine hesitancy; ensuring vaccines reach the high-priority groups first; administration of multiple vaccine doses; and management of adverse effects.
- Moderator: Eric M. Tichy, Pharm.D., M.B.A., Vice Chair, Pharmacy Formulary, Mayo Clinic Health System; Assistant Professor of Pharmacy
- Featured Expert: Abinash Virk, M.D., Consultant, Infectious Diseases; Associate Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Michelle R. Holm, Pharm.D., R.Ph., M.P.H., Manager, Pharmaceutical Control Portfolio, Mayo Clinic Supply Chain Management; Assistant Professor of Pharmacy
- Featured Expert: Melanie D. Swift, M.D., M.P.H., Senior Associate Consultant, Preventive Medicine; Assistant Professor of Medicine
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss current research initiatives related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify promising innovative solutions for treatment strategies in COVID-19 patients
- Describe the expedited translational research related to COVID-19
- Describe innovative practice redesign principles to treat patients in a virtual setting.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance