Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series - September 21, 2020 - Online CME Course
Session 8: Caring for Critically Ill Patients with COVID-19: More Lessons and Innovations
September 21, 2020, at 10:30 a.m. CT
An interdisciplinary group of experts from across Mayo Clinic’s critical care practice will discuss the key challenges in the management of patients critically ill with COVID-19, lessons learned and innovative solutions that have been effectively implemented within our health care system.
- Moderator: Alexander S. Niven, M.D., Consultant, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine; Associate Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Sean Caples, D.O., M.S., Consultant, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine; Professor of Medicine
- Featured Expert: Sarah J. Bell, M.S.N., M.H.A., R.N., Nurse Manager, Enhanced Critical Care; Instructor in Nursing
- Featured Expert: Andrea (Annie) B. Johnson, APRN, C.N.P., Instructor in Surgery
- Featured Expert: Grant D. Wilson, R.R.T., L.R.T., Instructor in Pediatrics
- Featured Expert: Ayan Sen, M.D., Chair, Department of Critical Care, Mayo Clinic in Arizona; Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine; Assistant Professor of Medicine
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss current research initiatives related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify promising innovative solutions for treatment strategies in COVID-19 patients
- Describe the expedited translational research related to COVID-19
- Describe innovative practice redesign principles to treat patients in a virtual setting.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance
If you attended and claimed CME credit for the Live Webinar on September 21, you are unable to access the Online CME course. To view the recording, please click here.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.