7th Annual Comprehensive Sports Medicine Update and Board Review 2018
The 7th Annual Comprehensive Sports Medicine Update and Board Review Course is a one-of-a-kind, award-winning course designed to provide a comprehensive review of all subjects contained in the sports medicine board examination. The course faculty includes internationally recognized experts in the field of sports medicine. Attending this comprehensive sports medicine course will increase the attendee's sports medicine knowledge and assist in preparation for the sports medicine board examination.
The target audience for this course is physicians who practice sports medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, orthopedics, family medicine, emergency medicine, or physical medicine and rehabilitation. Physician assistants, athletic trainers, nurse practitioners, physical therapists and chiropractors would also benefit from attending the course.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the role of the team physician.
- Analyze the medical and administrative responsibilities of the team physician.
- Recognize the role of the team physician and potential ethical conflicts between the players and coaches.
- Employ the steps that should be taken to insure a player safely returns to play.
- Recognize specific liability issues surrounding the care and return to play of the injured athlete.
- Develop and administer a pre-participation examination in an individual or group setting.
- Identify the appropriate timing and frequency of pre-participation examinations.
- Administer screening tests to detect conditions and general health of athletes.
- Recognize which tests are appropriate for screening the cardiovascular system.
- Develop or adopt a screening tool for assessing central nervous system conditions or previous injuries.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates at the Loews Minneapolis Hotel. In order to receive the special rates of $209, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of May 28, 2018, whichever comes first. After May 28, 2018, reservations will be taken based on space and rate availability.
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
601 1st Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Click here or call 1-877-878-5670 to make your reservation.
Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Board Review course when making your reservation.
Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of CPD is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 29.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Live activity, 7th Annual Comprehensive Sports Medicine Update and Board Review 2018, with a beginning date of 06/20/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 30.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Care Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 30.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 29.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 29.75 Attendance