Commercial Driver Medical Examiner Training June 2016 - General Session
This Course is Cancelled.
Committed to improving transportation safety through education and certification, Mayo Clinic offers in-person training for health care professionals who perform physical examinations for Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) drivers. Effective May 21, 2014, all health care professionals who perform physical examinations and issue medical certificates for CMV drivers will be required to complete accredited certification training and pass an examination.
Upcoming Commerical Driver Courses
October 29, 2016, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Unable to attend a live course? Get your FMCSA training ONLINE! Register Here
This program is designed for health care professionals who will be performing DOT examinations, or who have an interest in promoting wellness in the population of professional drivers.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the specific physical and mental demands associated with operating a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).
- Understand the responsibilities of a CMV driver.
- Recognize potentially disqualifying diseases, medications, or health conditions in the examination process, and provide drivers with parameters for safely proceeding with work duties.
- Document the requirements for the medical history and physical examination of a CMV operator.
- Develop strategies for efficiently conducting forensic evaluations, including addressing difficult issues in the certification process.
- Discuss a variety of strategies for promoting improved health and wellness in this cohort of individuals.
- Understand the step-by-step process of registering for FMCSA exam and NRCME registry.
- 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™