Connecting with Patients for Tobacco Free Living - Online
Videos, lectures, cases, and a variety of interactive activities allow participants to apply learning to actual cases.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Care Professionals
A certificate of attendance is provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
To earn CME credit you must:
- Review all three modules.
- Complete the required course evaluation.
- Complete the post-test at the end of the course. You will have two attempts to achieve a passing grade of 80%.
This program is designed for physicians and other healthcare professionals experienced in working with tobacco dependent patients, and who are interested in incorporating more effective treatment into their practice and/ or developing more comprehensive services to meet the needs of highly tobacco dependent patients. Physicians, tobacco treatment specialists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dentists, pharmacists, psychologists, chemical dependency counselors, respiratory therapists, nurses, dental hygienists, social workers and other allied health professionals may find the conference beneficial in working with this challenging population of patients.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe up to date research on pharmacotherapy and behavioral counseling for treating tobacco dependence.
- Apply current research on tobacco treatment to participant's clinical practice
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- Timothy Milbrandt, M.S,
- Jennifer Packard, M.A., C.T.T.S.
- Jeffrey Poterucha, M.A., C.T.T.S.
- Barbara Dallavalle, M.A., L.P.
- J. Taylor Hays, M.D.
- Michael V. Burke, Ed.D.
- Therese Shumaker, M.A., R.D., L.D.
With invaluable support from:
Nancy O’Brien and Ed Sehl
- 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.50 Attendance