April 23-26, 2015
The Westin Kierland Resort
The 2015 Multidisciplinary Update in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine offers lectures, case presentations, pulmonary and critical care literature reviews. A multidisciplinary faculty from Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL, Rochester, MN, and Scottsdale, AZ offers a state-of-the-art update in pulmonary and critical care medicine. The presentations given by leaders in pulmonary and critical care medicine, pulmonary pathology, and radiology provide a comprehensive approach to the current evaluation and management of various respiratory diseases.
Hands-on workshop – Use of the Ultrasound in the ICU is scheduled for Friday, April 24 and Saturday, April 25 from 1:15 to 4:30 p.m. This workshop will provide participants with a better understanding of how to use state-of-the-art technology, offering didactic and hands-on skill building opportunities. Separate registration fee applies.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Summarize new developments in ARDS
- Review the current management of acute severe hypoxic respiratory failure
- Summarize the new developments in Sepsis management
- Review the current evaluation and management of patients with pulmonary hypertension
- Describe the current and newer treatments of patients with pulmonary hypertension
- Review the current role of noninvasive mechanical ventilation in the Intensive Care Unit
- Describe the current evaluation and treatment of patients with Organizing Pneumonia
- Summarize the approach to the evaluation of patients with Idiopathic interstitial pneumonias
- Review the radiologic finding of the Idiopathic interstitial pneumonias
- Summarize the pathology of the Idiopathic interstitial pneumonias
- Summarize the current evaluation treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Review the evaluation and treatment of patients with scleroderma
- Review the evaluation and treatment of patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Inflammatory Myopathies
- Discuss the interstitial pneumonias associated with the connective tissue diseases
- Describe the current evaluation and treatment of patients with pulmonary eosinophilia
- Summarize the current state of lung transplantation
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.