10th Annual Comprehensive Sports Medicine Update and Board Review 2020
Course Directors: Jonathan T. Finnoff, D. O., Edward R. Laskowski, M.D.
The 10th Annual Comprehensive Sports Medicine Update and Board Review Course is a one-of-a-kind, award-winning course designed to provide a comprehensive review of all subjects contained in the sports medicine board examination. The course faculty includes internationally recognized experts in the field of sports medicine. Attending this comprehensive sports medicine course will increase the attendee's sports medicine knowledge and assist in preparation for the sports medicine board examination.
This course is designed for Physicians who practice sports medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, orthopedics, family medicine, emergency medicine, or physical medicine and rehabilitation. Physician assistants, athletic trainers, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, and chiropractors would also benefit from attending the course.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the role of the team physician.
- Analyze the medical and administrative responsibilities of the team physician.
- Recognize the role of the team physician and potential ethical conflicts between the players and coaches.
- Describe the steps that should be taken to insure a player safely returns to play.
- Recognize specific liability issues surrounding the care and return to play of the injured athlete
- Describe and administer a pre-participation examination in an individual or group setting.
- Identify the appropriate timing and frequency of pre-participation examinations.
- Describe screening tests to detect conditions and general health of athletes
- Recognize which tests are appropriate for screening the cardiovascular system.
- Develop or adopt a screening tool for assessing central nervous system conditions or previous injuries
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic Course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The Loews Minneapolis Hotel is extending a special rate of $219.00 per night to course participants. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of May 25, 2020 whichever comes first. Reservations will be taken following this date based on space and rate availability. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Update and Board Review when making your reservation.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.