January 26-30, 2015 - The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, Maui HI
Selected Topics in Internal Medicine is a postgraduate course designed to update general internists, internist-subspecialists, family medicine specialists, and other primary health care providers on selected internal medicine topics. Some of the most common problems encountered in clinical practice will be represented. The focus will be on clinical pearls and practice updates. Presentations will be made by experts from various disciplines in internal medicine. Faculty members will be available during breaks to answer questions and to discuss cases with course participants.
|Physicians & Scientist Course Registration||$1050.00|
|Fellow, Resident, Retired, Nurse, NP/PA, Registration||$950.00|
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 24.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Summarize recent updates, clinical studies and new guidelines that impact practice in general medicine
- Describe the indications and major adverse effects of newly FDA-approved medications that are applicable to a general medicine practice
- List the indications, complications and technique for intra-articular steroid injections
- Review common clinical pearls in the areas of general internal medicine, gastroenterology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, cardiology and pulmonology
- Employ the skills necessary to perform minor dermatologic procedures, injections, point of care ultrasound, read pulmonary function tests, sleep studies and electrocardiograms
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course. Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.