August 22 - 24, 2014 - Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Course Directors: Mukhopadhyay, Debabrata (Dev), Ph.D.
2014 Angiogenesis and Tumor Microenvironment. This has been a very well-received, bi-annual event since 2006 targeting basic research scientists and clinical physicians with backgrounds in cardiovascular biology and developmental biology, myeloma, cancer, angiogenesis and related clinical trials, lymph angiogenesis, extracellular matrix, and anti-angiogenic therapy in differential tumors.
This course facilitates the exchange of ideas and science involving basic biology and pathways of angiogenesis and new anti-angiogenic agents that can be used for specific targeting of tumor blood vessels and stroma. Overall, the symposium assists in establishing strong collaborations among leading national, international and Mayo Clinic experts in the field.
|Fellows, Residents, Nurses, Allied Health||$375.00|
|Spouse/Guest for Dinner|
|Session Date: 08/23/2014||$75.00|
Course materials are provided at the symposium.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Critically assess the role of angiogenesis in different pathological situations
- Analyze the molecular pathways in angiogenesis
- Identify the importance of angiogenesis in cancer progression and metastasis
- Evaluate angiogenesis as a potential target for future cancer therapy
- Establish the therapeutic potential of anti-angiogenic molecules and translate basic science to clinical applications
- Build a collaborative platform where basic scientists and clinicians can interface
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
- Medical Knowledge