Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for consideration of a breakout session at the Mayo Clinic Artificial Intelligence Symposium.
Breakout sessions allow for a broad range of topics from general health care AI topics to a longer deep-dive into specific topic areas or themes (e.g. hackathon, code camp, FDA regulatory process). We have five time slots with potentially eight breakout sessions in each one and can vary in length from 1-4 hours. The rooms can accommodate from 40-200 people. You may submit more than one topic and we will work schedule accordingly.
The proposal for breakout sessions should include the following information:
- Organizers: Names, affiliations, and email addresses; contact person; organizers' short bios
- Topic: Objectives, abstract, theme, rationale for the breakout sessions, issues to be addressed, goals of the sessions, relevance to the conference (500-1,000 words)
- Audience: Target audience, communities that the workshop addresses, anticipated number of attendees.
- Structure: The sessions will not overlap with the keynote/panel sessions unless you want to do something like a hackathon. It can be 60, 80, 120 or 240 minutes. The format can be workshops, panels, data challenges, hackathons, and tutorials.
- Reviewing: The proposal will be reviewed by the steering committee with decisions made within two weeks
*Proposals will be reviewed and confirmed on a first come, first serve basis.
All accepted proposals will be posted on the meeting website for advertisement immediately after the acceptance.
Submission deadline is March 1, 2020