Anesthesia MOCA Simulation Course - Simulation Based Education for Practicing Anesthesiologists - October 13, 2017
Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA) Simulation Based Education for Practicing Anesthesiologists: This is a one-day simulation experience fulfilling the Part IV Practice Performance Assessment and Improvement (PPAI) requirements of the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) MOCA program. Candidates are encouraged to visit the ABA website to clarify their own personal requirements. Sessions are limited to six attendees each and fill quickly.
Registration Fee: $1,500.00
This course is designed for Anesthesiologists.
After completing simulations involving the following topics, participants should be able to develop a practice improvement plan that will be submitted to the ABA in accordance with their explicit instructions.
- The ongoing management of significant hemodynamic instability in a patient receiving anesthesia for a surgical procedure.
- Intra or post-operative management of a patient who develops significant hypoxemia from any cause including difficult airway management.
- Principles and practices of effective teamwork in the peri-operative setting.
- Knowledge and practice of the ASA difficult Airway Algorithm.
- Management of patients with untoward and reactions to anesthetic care.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Residence Inn Desert View at Mayo Clinic
5665 E. Mayo Boulevard
Phoenix, Arizona 85054
(480) 563-1500 or (800) 331-3131
(Located on the Mayo Clinic Phoenix Campus)
J.W. Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
5350 E. Marriott Drive
Phoenix, Arizona 85054
(480) 293-5000 or (877) 622-3140
(Located approximately 1.9 miles from the Mayo Clinic Phoenix Campus)
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates live activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™