The purpose of the meeting is to present practical state-of-the-art knowledge in cardiovascular diagnosis and therapy. The scope of the program is comprehensive and will cover prevention, ischemic heart disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease, and heart rhythm disorders. New topics include critical care for the cardiologist, preoperative management of the cardiac patient for non-cardiac surgery, and a MOC session for ABIM Recertification. Expert faculty will present evidence-based and practical clinical approaches to diagnosis and treatment. A case-based format with audience response interaction and ample time for discussion is planned.
|MD, PhD, DO, PharmD||$775.00|
|Fellow, Resident, PA, NP, RN||$580.00|
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Use clinical and laboratory parameters to assess cardiovascular risk
- Describe risk reduction strategies including lifestyle modifications and medications
- Enhance skills in lipid and hypertension management
- Describe the latest diagnostic and management strategies in heart failure
- Assess optimal patient selection for ventricular assist device therapy in advanced heart failure
- Discuss state-of-the-art practical approaches to the management of complex coronary disease
- Outline best practices for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation and ventricular arrhythmias
- Discuss the newer concepts of management of heart failure, cardiomyopathies, and valvular disease
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact Sheila Fick, firstname.lastname@example.org
A future Cardiology at Cancun: Topics in Clinical Cardiology will be held in Cancun, Mexico on February 22-26, 2016. The details for this offering are evolving and will be posted when available.