The mission of WARC is to provide an opportunity for residents, students, and fellows to present work they have accomplished during their training, including original research, quality improvement, and medically challenging cases. Submissions for oral and poster presentations will be accepted and reviewed this fall.
Abstract Submission Eligibility: Abstracts that either have or have not been presented at other meetings will be considered; however, abstracts that have been submitted to previous WARC meetings will not be considered. Previously published abstracts should be sufficiently modified.
- One submission per presenting author.
- Abstracts must be 500 words or less.
- ALL submissions will be accepted for poster presentation so please register for the conference using the separate link! You must register separately even if you submit an abstract.
- Residents can additionally elect to be considered for an oral presentation.
- Upon successful submission, you will receive an automated acknowledgement via email. Lack of acknowledgement will indicate that the abstract was not received.
- All submissions must be received by February 20, 2023, 11:59 PM PST for consideration.
- Notification of acceptance for oral presentation will be notified end of February, 2023.
- Please submit all applications in Word or PDF format as an attachment on the submission portal.
- All original research abstracts must include the following sections: Title, Author(s)/Institution(s), Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- All case medically challenging cases must include the following sections: Title, Author(s)/Institution(s), Background, Case Description, and Discussion
- Title: Please utilize titles that clearly demonstrate the content and methodology of your research.
- Author(s)/Institution(s): Please include any contributing authors, faculty mentors, and your institution name. Please underline the name of the presenting author.
- Traditional printed posters only, sized at 36”x48" preferred
- Oral presentations may be presented with PowerPoint and can include video and other digital content. Estimated presentation time will be 5-7 minutes with an additional 3 minutes for questions (exact details to be provided to those selected for oral presentations end of February 2023).
Specific topics of interest:
- Acute pain and regional anesthesia
- Cardiothoracic anesthesia
- Critical care
- Chronic pain
- Pediatric anesthesia
- Perioperative challenges and emergencies
- Quality improvement, system and practice-based projects
- Diversity, equity and inclusion projects
- Obstetric anesthesia
Notification of Results: All primary authors will be notified end of February 2023 if their submission has been selected for oral or poster presentation. Details regarding presentation will follow.
Presentation of Abstracts: All abstracts will be presented live during the WARC program. Presentation date and time will be included with acceptance notifications. A select number of abstracts will be chosen for live oral presentation. The remaining abstracts will be poser presentations. Abstracts will be evaluated based on quality of the abstract, relevance to the conference theme, and teaching method.
Registration Requirements: You must register separately for the conference. If your anesthesiology program is part of the WARC program, your registration fees will be covered by your program.
Awards for top three poster and oral presentations will be announced.