October 18, 2014 - Fairmont Millennium Park, Chicago, IL
Course Directors: Stewart, Michael W., M.D.
This course will provide an overview of the current management of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and diabetic macular edema (DME) along with case presentations. There will also be a panel discussion and opportunities for the audience to participate and ask questions. Dr. Michael Stewart, Dr. Wendy Smith and Dr. Andrew Barkmeier all of Mayo Clinic will be on the panel discussion and will present. *** NO PRE-REGISTRATION IS NECESSARY. Dinner and seating available for the first 150 people. ***
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the common presentations of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and diabetic macular edema (DME)
- Distinguish the treatment options for treatment of AMD and DME
- Select the most appropriate treatment for newly diagnosed patients
- Choose appropriate second-line therapies for poor responders
- Describe how to treat patients appropriately so that the patients avoid complications
- Recognize possible systemic complications of therapy
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
- Medical Knowledge
- Practice based learning and improvement