Faculty Upgrade 2.0 - Online
Faculty Upgrade 2.0 is designed to enhance the skills of both novice and seasoned educators with the tools to train, precept and mentor their learners. The program includes didactic lectures, illustrative cases, and simulation techniques designed to provide a road map and understanding of the most up to date methods to educate the next generation of medical professionals. The agenda has been specifically designed to offer practical approaches that faculty educators may readily integrate into their daily teaching. The course faculty addresses diverse areas of educational topics ranging from class room/bedside teaching skills to developing research/quality improvement programs for the trainees.
Full Course: Physicians and Scientists
Full Course: ARNP's, PA’s, Nurses, and Allied Health Professionals
|Purchase of Individual Modules||$50.00|
Please check out our Live Opportunity:
Be a Better Educator: A “How to” Faculty Development Course 2017
January 27-28, 2017
Mayo Clinic Florida
This course is intended for Physicians, Physician Extenders, and Allied Health who are involved with the education and teaching of Residents and Fellows, as well as, Medical and Health Science students.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the optimal approach to provide effective feedback to the trainees
- Summarize steps to provide effective remediation to the struggling learners
- Review adult learning strategies in medical education
- Recognize the importance of developing research and quality improvement programs for the trainees
- Utilize simulation techniques to explore clinical teaching
- Discuss various models of bedside teaching
- Identify techniques to make lectures effective for the learners
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 8.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 8.00 AOA
- 8.00 Attendance