May 13 - 16, 2015 - The Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville, NC
Guest Course Director: Pamela Burgess, RDCS, RDMS, RVT
This course will begin with basic concepts, including physics of ultrasound, Doppler and contrast. We will then discuss a broad range of disease states for which echocardiography is useful, including ischemic heart disease, valvular heart disease, pericardial disease and cardiomyopathies. Presentations will include basic concepts as well as advanced techniques, including 3-D/4-D imaging and strain imaging. Many cases will be presented throughout the course.
|MD, PhD, DO, PharmD||$725.00|
|Fellow, Resident, RN, NP, PA||$550.00|
The registration fee includes tuition, a comprehensive electronic course syllabus, continental breakfasts, break refreshments and receptions.
Although it is not Mayo Clinic Division of Cardiovascular Diseases policy to limit the number of registrants for a course, conference room facilities may necessitate closing of enrollment; therefore, early registration is recommended.
A letter of confirmation is sent electronically upon receipt of payment. Please present the confirmation letter when checking in at the meeting registration desk.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Apply Doppler principles and hemodynamics to the assessment of valvular heart disease, including systematic assessment of prosthetic valves
- Use 2-D, Doppler strain methods to assess myocardial function
- Illustrate the appropriate use of echo Doppler in myocardial and pericardial disease
- Recognize the utility of echocardiography TEE including 3-D in the interventional practice
- Integrate the application of echocardiography in heart failure and the treatment
- Recognize clinical applications of stress echocardiography
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Medical Knowledge
- Patient Care