Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics - ALSO - Rochester - 2019
Course Director: Matthew Meunier, M.D.
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) is designed to prepare maternity care providers to effectively manage potential emergencies during pregnancy. This one-day educational program covers topics in safety, first trimester complications, late pregnancy bleeding, intrapartum fetal surveillance, assisted vaginal delivery, preterm labor, PPH/maternal resuscitation, labor dystocia, shoulder dystocia and case presentations.
Registration includes an electronic PDF of the ALSO provider manual, access to the online portion of the ALSO course, and the one day live course on March 15. You will receive an email within one week of registering with instructions for accessing the online portion of the ALSO course on the AAFP website. WITHOUT CONFIRMATION OF SUCCESSFUL ONLINE COURSE COMPLETION, ADMISSION TO THE LIVE COURSE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
- Practice team-based care of obstetrical emergencies from multidisciplinary faculty from the Mayo Clinic Departments of Family Medicine and Obstetrics.
- Learn skills in managing assisted vaginal deliveries, malpresentation and malposition, maternal resuscitation, postpartum hemorrhage, and shoulder dystocia through simulation.
- Receive access to up to date, evidence-based online content developed by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Scientist||$400.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$350.00|
|Paper Syllabus (Optional)||$50.00|
This course is designed for physicians, labor and delivery nurses, OB and family medicine residents, and certified midwives.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Review methods of managing pregnancy and birth emergencies, which may help standardize the skills of practicing maternity care providers
- Demonstrate content and skill acquisition by successful completion of the on-line pretest exam, skills assessment workstations and group testing station
- Successful completion of the on-line pretest (minimum score of 80%)
- Demonstrate skill in managing assisted vaginal deliveries, malpresentation and malposition, maternal resuscitation, postpartum hemorrhage, and shoulder dystocia in the skill workstations
- Demonstrate ability to safely lead a team facing an obstetrical emergency in the group testing station.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Lodging and Accommodations
Mainstay Suites & Sleep Inn
2109 Commerce Dr. NW
Rochester, MN 55901
Call to reserve your room to receive a rate of $89.00 plus tax. Please identify yourself as a participant of Mayo Clinic Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics - ALSO when making your reservation.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Live activity, ALSO Provider Course, with a date range of 03/15/2019-03/15/2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 8.75 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Academy of Family Physicians is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 10.50 contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, LPN, or LMHT relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing provider number: LT0278-0312. This is an advanced level course and may not be suitable for all general continuing nursing education.
Other Health Care Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 8.75 AAFP Prescribed
- 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 8.75 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.