Bi-State Infectious Disease Conference 2023
The Bi-State Infectious Disease Conference was developed in 1996 as a collaborative effort of the local APIC Chapter 73, public health departments and school nurses in the Missouri and Illinois bi-state area.
The annual conference is designed to provide continuing education for health care professionals from Missouri and Illinois. It provides the most current information for disease intervention, detection, prevention, control and preparedness pertaining to infectious disease in order to provide optimal healthcare to our patients and to our community.
Designed for public health personnel, family physicians, generalists, hospitalists, infectious disease specialists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, infection preventionists, correctional nurses, school nurses and dental assistants.
Upon completion of this conference, the participant will be able to:
- discuss the current state of measles epidemiology, vaccination strategies, and advancements in preventive measures facilitated by a panel of experts.
- RSV Vaccination
- explain the status of RSV vaccine development, including the latest advancements, challenges, and vaccine strategies.
- Ocular Mpox and Diphtheria
- recognize diagnostic procedures, and appropriate management strategies for Ocular Mpox and Diphtheria.
- review a diphtheria case and assess the clinical presentation, diagnostic findings, and treatment approaches.
- Candida auris
- recognize the risk factors, diagnostic challenges, and evidence-based management strategies associated with Candida auris infections.
- Congenital Syphilis
- analyze the contributing factors, epidemiological trends, and public health implications of the increasing incidence of congenital syphilis.
- describe the symptoms commonly associated with Vibrio infections contracted through oyster consumption.
- explain the importance of early diagnosis of Vibrio infections from other gastrointestinal illnesses.
- outline the key components of LTBI screening and diagnosis in accordance with current guidelines.
- explain evidence-based treatment approaches and management strategies for patients with latent Tuberculosis infection (LTBI).
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Hilary Babcock, MD, MPH (BJC Health Care, Washington University)
Sean Balagna, RN-BSN, CIC (Mercy)
Amanda Brzozowski, MPH, PhD (Saint Louis County Department of Public Health)
Brennan Burk, MPH, BS (St. Charles County Government - Public Health)
Joyce Chou, MSPH (Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services)
Margaret (Peggy) Dubowski, RN, BS, BSN, CIC (BJC Health Care)
Rebekah Dumm, PhD D(ABMM) (Washington University)
Patricio Escalante, MD, MS (Mayo Clinic)
Jodi (Josephine) Fox, MPH, BSN, RN, CIC, FAPIC (BJC Health Care)
Lori Hainaut, BSN, RN, CIC (SSM Health)
Helay Hassas, PharmD (Sanofi)
Zach Koch, MPH (Saint Louis County Department of Public Health)
Steven Lawrence, MD, MSc (Washington University)
Hilary Reno, MD, PhD (Washington University)
Monica Roth, MPH, REHS/RS (Saint Louis County Department of Public Health)
Erich Seipel, BSN, RN, CIC (SSM Health)
Audrey Toler, MPH, CPH (Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services)
Genevieve Weseman, MPH (St. Charles County Government - Public Health)
On behalf of course directors Zelalem Temesgen, M.D. and James Gaensbauer, M.D.,M.S., we hope you will consider a display opportunity at the The Bi-State Infectious Disease Conference held October 27, 2023 at the Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri.
PROSPECTUS: View the prospectus for available Exhibit and Sponsorship opportunities.
If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, complete our Exhibitor Letter of Agreement via this webform.
Please email Monica Schroeder with any questions.
The Virtual Exhibit Hall is paid advertising. The use of the Site and the Content, including Third Party Content, is at your own risk.
Please update your profile to let us know if you have dietary restrictions or access requirements.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) strives to foster a learning environment in which individual differences are valued, allowing all to achieve their fullest potential.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.