Nicotine Dependence Conference & National Summit on Smokeless Tobacco Prevention 2020: Aligning Research, Clinical Practice, and Community Interventions - LIVESTREAM
October 19 - 21, 2020 - Livestreaming
- Share promising practices, experiences and recent research to accelerate the reduction of smokeless and non-combustible tobacco use and their consequences.
- Build a network of individuals who can share experiences and advocate for communities free from the toll of smokeless and non-combustible tobacco use.
- Update skills in behavioral interventions for tobacco treatment.
- Identify current trends in medications for tobacco dependence.
HEALTH EDUCATION COUNCIL IN JOINT COLLABORATION WITH MAYO CLINIC
Abstract submission and additional information can be found on the conference website.
|Registration Fees||Early Bird Registration|
before Aug 15
|Registration starting August 16|
|M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$349.00||$399.00|
|Resident, Fellow, Nurse, NP, PA, Community Health,|
Allied Health Professional
This program is designed for pysicians, nurses, advanced practice providers, counselors, psychologists, community health professionals, public health professionals, wellness coaches, and social workers. The varied audience shares interest in effectively intervening to address tobacco in all forms through cutting edge treatment and model public practice.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify up-to-date research on prevalence and relative risks of tobacco, e-cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and other non-combustible tobacco products.
- Discuss clinical strategies for treating tobacco use disorder within the context of rapidly evolving nicotine delivery products.
- Describe effective models for community and public health interventions to provide accurate education and address the evolving tobacco epidemic.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic Course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Livestreaming event. Link will be provided to paid attendees a week before the conference.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Care Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 12.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 12.50 ANCC
- 12.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.