Point of Care CME Highly Treatment–Experienced and Complex HIV Cases
Course Director: Zelalem Temesgen, M.D.
A FREE SERVICE FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
For whom is the service intended?
Clinicians globally who take care of patients with complex HIV problems, in particular highly treatment-experienced patients failing antiretroviral therapy.
Who provides the service?
Mayo Clinic HIV program and the Mayo Clinic Center for Tuberculosis have assembled a multi-disciplinary team of experts to work collaboratively to respond to the needs of clinicians worldwide.
How does it work?
- Clinicians submit queries through a dedicated e-mail (IDeducation@mayo.edu)
- The request should include deidentified but relevant clinical, laboratory, and radiographic information together with the specific question of interest
- A program faculty member is assigned to this program on weekly rotation, and will be the primary contact person and resource for that week
- The program faculty reviews the case and responds with a formal opinion to the query within 3-7 days, depending on complexity and need for additional information
- The response is accompanied by supplemental information and references for additional client self-directed education
- CME credit will be awarded per consult request and consequent interaction
For additional information, visit the Global Professional Education website
Physicians in Internal Medicine, family practice, general practice including MD, PA, NPs
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.