Healthcare Disparities and COVID-19: Medical Specialty Panel
See the "Program" tab to view the video. No need to register unless you want to claim credit.
Healthcare workers of all specialties who are being impacted by COVID-19, including physicians, research scientists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and anyone with a particular interest in prevention, treatment, and patient care.
Upon completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Describe the disparity in health outcomes from COVID-19 in patients from minority groups.
- Summarize the co-morbidities that have been linked to hospitalizations for COVID-19.
- Describe healthcare disparities seen in medical specialties such as dermatology, hematology/oncology, and nephrology before COVID-19.
- Define how COVID-19 has exposed new health disparities certain medical fields.
Utilization of this Mayo Clinic online (enduring materials) course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be in this course.
You are invited to watch the video at no cost:
To Register and Claim Credit for this segment (1.00 hours / $20), follow these steps
- Select the Register tab.
- Select Register Now.
- Complete the checkout process.
- Once you complete your registration, click the “view course page” hyperlink.
- Select the Start button, and then select Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Complete the quiz, fill out the evaluation and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, contact us or call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688.
Professor of Medicine,
Assistant Professor of Medicine,
Assistant Professor of Neurology,
Associate Professor of Dermatology,
Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology,
College of Medicine
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be available to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Online/Enduring Material Activities:
Customers may cancel their participation from an online activity if no credit has been claimed and a written request is made within 30 days of purchase. A full refund minus a maximum $75.00 administrative fee will be provided. Administrative fees might be lower on activities that were initially $150 or less. Customer is responsible for inquiring about the administrative fee in advance if they are concerned.
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.