Dates: 1/5/2023 - 12/15/2023
The Mayo Clinic Wellness Coach Training course prepares students to work as wellness coaches within diverse settings. The training involves interactive online sessions utilizing the Brightspace online learning platform, experiential peer-coaching sessions, webinars, and mentor coaching. These interactive sessions are facilitated by Mayo Clinic Wellness Coaches. Successful completion of the course qualifies the learner to apply for certification through the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching (NBHWC).
Wellness coaches work together within the interdisciplinary team. They focus on helping clients who are well to stay well and assist others to recover from illness and discover their best selves with a new emphasis on wellness. The role of the coach is to help the individual identify personal reasons for pursuing greater wellness and to enhance motivation for behavior change using evidence-based strategies.
Opportunities exist for wellness coaches to work as independent consultants on the staff of sports or fitness facilities, as an insurance company employee, or as part of an interdisciplinary team in clinics and hospitals. Wellness coaches can set their own schedules and pay rates, choose their clientele, work from nearly any location and enjoy creativity and flexibility in their coaching approach.
Link: Sample Program
This course is designed as a graduate-level course for interested participants who hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Others who may consider the course beneficial include those with an associate’s degree and a current health-related license (nurse, respiratory therapist, dental hygienist). For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants must hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree or have an associate's degree with a current health-related licensure (such as a nurse, respiratory therapist, or dental hygienist).
- An exception may be made for registrants hold an associate’s degree and certification in a health-related field. A waiver form will need to be completed at the time of application.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential for success in the program and to ensure patient/client safety.
- Registrants must be able to demonstrate objective competency in English to participate fully in the online discussion assignments and may be required to submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or equivalent examination.
- Complete application form
- Upload official copy of your transcript (and other documentation as required)
- Official copy must clearly show official school seal and signature of the University Registrar
- All transcripts must be in English.
- You will be notified via email of application status
- Accepted learners will receive instructions on how to register and pay for the course.
- Tuition $4,900
- Payment in full is due upon registration
Why is there an Application Process?
This course draws on expertise from Mayo Clinic's Wellness Coach team. Many of these team members are facilitators of the courses’ virtual interactive discussions. To create a more personal learning experience, the course cohort size is limited.
How will I know if I am accepted?
You will receive an email communicating your acceptance status within 10 business days of applying. Accepted learners also receive instructions on how to register for the course.
Who can I contact with more questions?
Send an email to email@example.com