Sports Medicine for the Primary Care Clinician 2017
Course Directors: George G.A. Pujalte, M.D., C.A.Q.S.M., F.A.C.S.M. and Daniel P. Montero, M.D., C.A.Q.S.M.
Co-Course Directors: Jennifer R. Maynard, M.D., C.A.Q.S.M. and Walter C. Taylor, III, M.D., C.A.Q.S.M.
This conference will allow participants to fill in gaps in their residency training and reinforce their existing knowledge of diagnosis and treatment for musculoskeletal conditions. Topics discussed include musculoskeletal conditions and procedural techniques that primary care clinicians can use for athletes and active individuals.
This conference will give attendees the confidence to accurately diagnose and treat sports-related conditions and the knowledge to determine appropriate testing and referral criteria.
Physicians and Scientists
Residents, Fellows, PA’s, Nurses, Allied Health and Retirees
Additional Workshops: Friday & Saturday
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this course, please submit the exhibitor forms to Florida Exhibits.
This course is designed for family physicians, internists, sports medicine physicians, ARNPs, PAs, physiatrists, pediatricians, ER physicians, medical providers in a clinic or nonoperative/nonsurgical/noninvasive setting involved in the care and management of athletes and active individuals.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Develop a more comprehensive understanding of diagnostic modalities to address sports medicine injuries with the ability to correctly order the test(s) that provide the most useful information at the least cost
- Improve skills in determining an athlete's ability to return to sports and regular activities after injury
- Determine physical exams and testing appropriate for sports injuries commonly seen in the primary care setting
- Treat sports injuries commonly encountered in the primary care setting, with consideration given to athletes and active individuals and the need for additional expeditious testing or referral to specialists
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 12.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 12.00 AOA
- 12.00 Attendance