46th Annual Gulf Atlantic Anesthesia Residents Research Conference 2020 -- CANCELLED
This course has been CANCELLED - Please see the Anesthesiology page for more courses
April 3 - 5, 2020 - One Ocean Resort & Spa - Atlantic Beach, Florida
The 46th Annual Gulf Atlantic Anesthesia Residents Research Conference 2019 is devoted to presentations by resident physicians from anesthesiology programs based in the Southeastern region of the United States.
Physicians, Residents and Fellows
Guest Fee $100 (incl. welcome reception, breakfasts and awards banquet)
If you are a judge, please register with the coupon code, JUDGES, to waive the registration fee.
In an effort to improve the quality of abstracts, these submissions will now be graded and incorporated into participants overall evaluation. The abstract criteria is:
- Abstracts must be single paged.
- Font: Times New Roman, size 12.
- Margins: Left = 1.5 inches, all others = 1 inch.
- Include complete title in bold.
- Limit the use of special font effects to “bold,” “underline” and “italics.
- Contact information (e-mail, phone and fax) for the presenting author must be displayed immediately below the title of the abstract.
- Images not included with the abstract submission may be included in the PowerPoint Presentation.
- Provide 2-3 bibliographical references as part of the abstract.
- State, in the body of your e-mail, your presentation’s format (case report vs literature review vs original research)
For questions regarding the Abstract Submission Process, please contact Lisa Clark.
This course is designed for anesthesiologists, residents and fellows.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Present scientific information in an accurate, concise, clear and relevant manner to the judges and audience;
- Discuss the care delivered to patients and convey both its strengths and weaknesses;
- Demonstrate knowledge and mastery of the subject both during the presentation and the questioning period following it;
- Answer questions and be evaluated and ranked by judges;
- Gain information on the latest techniques in the field of anesthesiology;
- Network with anesthesia professionals, resulting in an increased personal reservoir of resources and stronger ties among fellow programs.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The One Ocean Resort & Spa is offering hotel rooms for attendees and their guests at the following group rate of $195 per night plus applicable taxes and resort fee. Individuals must call the Hotel prior to March 04, 2020, and identify themselves with the group, Mayo 2020 Gulf Atlantic Anesthesia Resident Research (GAARRC) at the time the reservation is made in order to receive the special group rate. There is a cancellation policy of 72 hours prior to arrival. If reservation is cancelled within this time, the deposit will be non-refundable. Reservations will be made by individuals calling the hotel directly at 904-249-7402 or toll free at 1-800-874-6000.
There is a daily $20 Resort Fee, which provides your guests with the following intuitive services and amenities:
- Wifi Access Resort-wide
- Docent Services
- Coffee & Tea Delivery Service
- Garment Steaming & Ironing
- In-Room Snack Variety
- In-Room Bottle Water & Juices
- Molton Brown Bath Amenities
- 24-Hour Fitness Facilities
- In-Room Spa Robes
- Pool Docent Service
- Poolside Heated or Chilled Towels
- In-Room Safe w Mobile Charging
- Complimentary Phone calls
- In-Room Keurig Coffee Station
- Nightly Turn Down Service
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 10.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.