This postgraduate course is designed to update the diagnostic radiologist in new trends, relevant techniques, and advanced applications in diagnostic imaging. The latest advances will be emphasized and related to common problems encountered in clinical practice. A variety of didactic lectures and accessible faculty members will enhance learning throughout the week. All faculty members are in practice at Mayo Clinic and will draw from personal research activities as well as clinical experience at Mayo Clinic.
Registration Fee: $1,250
The registration fee includes:
• Course tuition
• Comprehensive course syllabus on flash drive
• Radiology CME mobile application
• Daily continental breakfasts and break refreshments (course participants only)
• Welcome reception for course participants and guests
• 10 Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs)
Although it is not Department of Radiology CME policy to limit the number of registrants for a course, conference room facilities may necessitate closing of enrollment; therefore, early registration is advised.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Demonstrate the role of MR imaging of the postoperative knee
• Review the use of seed localization for nonpalpable breast cancer
• Identify practical MR diffusion imaging in the abdomen
• Examine the use of MRA in the body and extremities
• Recognize incidental cardiovascular findings on non-cardiovascular CT
• Examine duplex ultrasounds of the carotid and vertebral arteries
• Review the use of contrast enhanced digital mammography
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine designates this live activity, for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs)
Attendees will have an opportunity to participate in 10 self-assessment modules (SAMs) during the course. The self-assessment modules have been designed to meet the standards of the American Board of Radiology (ABR) for self-assessment modules (SAMs).
Other Health Care Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact Sarah Johnson.