5th Annual Cutaneous Oncology Symposium 2020
September 25 - 26, 2020 - Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort - Orlando, Florida
Mayo Clinic's 5th Annual Cutaneous Oncology Symposium in Orlando, Florida is a two-day CME course focused on ten controversial topics in cutaneous oncology covering the fields of dermatology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology and medical oncology. The goal is to discuss the available evidence of these topics to assist in making the most informed decisions.
Current and new advances in therapeutic treatments for both melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers, especially, basal cell, squamous cell and Merkel cell carcinoma will be highlighted with the presentations and discussions.
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with healthcare providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please email Florida Exhibits.
Submit an abstract or work in the area of dermatology, surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology or plastic surgery either case series, case-control, or randomized trials; as well as outcome studies, quality improvement or practice innovations and interesting case reports to be included in an electronic poster session. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed. For further information, please review the submission form or email questions to FLA CME Abstracts.
This course is designed for dermatologists, surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, plastic surgeons, radiation oncologists, head and neck surgeons, physicians in internal medicine and family practice and physician extenders; such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Analyze literature regarding the impact of sunscreen on rates of skin cancer and skin cancer mortality
- Examine the surgical management of lymphedema
- Review data regarding prevention of squamous cell carcinomas in high-risk populations including solid organ transplant recipients
- Analyze data regarding the utility of molecular assays to assess prognosis of patients with early stage melanoma
- Examine data supporting the use of targeted immunotherapy for patients with unresectable melanoma
- Review data regarding the impact of complete lymph node dissections on overall survival in patients with melanoma
- Examine data regarding the impact of sentinel lymph node biopsies on improving clinical outcomes in patients with melanoma or high-risk squamous cell carcinoma
- Review the most recent data on adjuvant therapy for Stage III melanoma
- Review data regarding the impact of adjuvant radiation in high-risk squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Rooms are reserved for attendees and their guests at the group rate starting at $299 per night, plus tax and applicable fees. In order to receive the special rate, learners must first register for the course. Reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of September 3, 2020; whichever comes first.
Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and check-out time is 12:00 p.m. Self-parking is not available.
Please note, the two (two) night's room and tax deposit will be forfeited for any individual room cancellation occurring within five (30) days of arrival.
Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
Notify me by email when course registration opens.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.