3rd Annual SKIN: Practical Dermatology for the Generalist 2018
Course Directors: Alison J. Bruce, M.B., Ch.B., ; Christopher J. Arpey, M.D., Steven A. Nelson, M.D.
Guest Co-Course Director: Michael J. Hovan, M.D.
SKIN: Practical Dermatology for the Generalist is the 3rd Mayo Clinic course taught by expert dermatologists from the three Mayo Clinic national practices in Minnesota, Florida and Arizona with the goal of teaching practical dermatology to the non-dermatologist. The course will consist of interactive lectures covering multiple aspects of dermatology including management of moles, skin infections, cancers, rashes, lumps and bumps, and simple dermatologic procedures. The information presented will be relevant to a broad range of non-dermatologists and primary care providers, including physician assistants, general practitioners, internists and nurse practitioners. It will allow these practitioners to feel comfortable caring for patients with skin conditions.
• Approximately 5.75 hours of pharmacology content.
• Getting to Brass Tacks on Nails
• What Do You Mean "Dermatitis"?
• The Itchy Patient
• Acne Tips and Pearls
• Fungus Among Us
• Rashes You Get on Vacation
• Common Rashes in Children
• When It Isn’t Dermatitis
• Is This a Drug Rash?
• Biopsies and Other Office Procedures
|Full Fee: M.D., Scientist, D.O., Dentist||$625.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$550.00|
The information presented will be relevant to a broad range of non-dermatologists and primary care providers, including physician assistants, general practitioners, internists and nurse practitioners.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate a variety of skin lesions, differentiating common and benign lesions from those which require more aggressive management.
- Recognize the need for appropriate sample technique and the role of pathology in directing management.
- Recognize and differentiate common rashes from those which can be life threatening, and determine when referral is indicated.
- Recognize and appropriately treat common dermatoses.
- Integrate the rationale and use of various topical and systemic therapies including corticosteroids, anti-fungals and antibiotics.
- Integrate skin cancer management skills into clinical practice.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Embassy Suites Scottsdale Resort
5001 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Click here to reserve your room before March 1, 2018 in order to receive a discounted rate of $249 (limited number available). Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Dermatology course when making your reservation.
Overlooking Camelback Mountain in the heart of Scottsdale, Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort is just minutes from championship golf courses, spa facilities, shopping, dining, art galleries, MLB Spring Training and outdoor recreation. Our recently renovated Scottsdale hotel is only 15 miles to downtown Phoenix, Talking Stick Arena and Chase Field, and offers convenient freeway access to the University of Phoenix Stadium and the Gila River Arena.
- High speed wireless internet is included in the guest room rate
- Access to fitness center at no charge
- Complimentary hot made to order breakfast daily
- Complimentary 2 hour reception each night from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm
Click here for "Do things while you're in town!"
Christopher J. Arpey, M.D.
Alison J. Bruce, M.B., Ch.B.
Mark Dennis P. Davis, M.D.
Dawn Marie R. Davis, M.D.
Lisa A. Drage, M.D.
Aaron R. Mangold, M.D.
Steven A. Nelson, M.D.
Catherine C. Newman, M.D.
Shari A. Ochoa, M.D.
Julio C. Sartori Valinotti, M.D.
Amit Sharma, M.D.
Jason C. Sluzevich, M.D.
David L. Swanson, M.D.
Megha M. Tollefson, M.D.
Rochelle R. Torgerson, M.D., Ph.D.
Rashmi Unwala, M.D.
James A. Yiannias, M.D.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Educaiton (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
Select presentations will contain pharmacology content as noted in the program. Identified presentations represent approximately 5.75 hours of pharmacology content.
Other Health Care Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™