92nd Annual Clinical Reviews 2018 - October
For the November 5-7, 2018, session, click HERE.
The course provides a comprehensive program of lectures, panel and roundtable discussions on problems of general interest in various areas of medicine, surgery and pediatrics relevant to clinical practice. This course also offers ABIM MOC points and has a pre-course ABFM Knowledge Self-Assessment session taking place on the Sunday preceding.
Mayo Clinic staff are faculty for this comprehensive program of lectures, small group luncheon roundtables and in-depth evening discussions. Identical programs will be presented during both the October and November sessions.
- Concise didactic lectures
- Content focused on the needs of the primary care provider in the clinical practice
- Dedicated question and answer sessions throughout the course
- Pre-course ABFM Knowledge Self-Assessment
- Breakout sessions for personalized course experience
- Course app containing all presentations with note-taking capabilities
October and November Pre-Course Sessions: ABFM Knowledge Self-Assessment
- Sunday, October 21, 2018, 12:30-4:45 p.m.: Cerebrovascular Disease
- Sunday, November 4, 2018, 12:30-4:45 p.m.: Health Behavior
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$650.00|
|Reduced Fee:Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$499.00|
|ABFM Knowledge Self-Assessment: Cerebrovascular Disease||$200.00|
Family Medicine Forum
The Mayo Clinic Rochester Department of Family Medicine invites you to network with colleagues and learn about recent activities within our department and the Mayo Clinic Health System. Join us Tuesday, October 23 at 5:00 pm at the DoubleTree hotel. Scholarship, Quality Improvement and Innovation, and humanitarian service will be highlighted. RSVP for dinner is required (email Cindy Kelly or call 507-293-3818). Registration at Clinical Reviews is not required to attend. Complimentary.
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with healthcare providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this course, please contact Kris Jones.
This course is designed for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses practicing in primary care, family medicine and internal medicine.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Formulate new treatment options for the management of patients with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Identify which antibiotics should be the first choice for treatment of common outpatient infections and appropriate lengths of treatment
- Identify women who are high risk for breast cancer and what additional screening is recommended
- Differentiate between benign and pathologic fasciculations
- Describe the appropriate immunizations which should be given to both children and adults for protection against preventable infectious diseases
- Recognize the principles of antimicrobial stewardship and the importance primary care providers play in preventing resistance through the appropriate use of antibiotics
- Identify the type and interval of colon cancer screening tests for patients at average and high risk for colon cancer
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates at each of the following downtown Rochester hotels. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of September 29, 2018, whichever comes first. Reservations will be taken following this date based on space and rate availability. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Clinical Reviews course when making your reservation.
Hilton Garden Inn - ROOM BLOCK IS FULL
225 South Broadway
800-445-8667 or 507-285-1234
October online reservations
DoubleTree Hotel - ROOM BLOCK IS FULL
150 South Broadway
October online reservations
Kahler Grand Hotel
20 2nd Ave SW
October online reservations
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 26.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
General Session Total: 22.5
Session Breakdown Total: 4.0
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 18.75 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
This Live activity, 92nd Annual Clinical Reviews 2018, from 10/22/2018 - 11/07/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 22.25 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 22.25 AAFP Prescribed
- 18.75 ABIM
- 26.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 26.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.