Clinical Reviews 2018: 29th Annual Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Update
Course Directors: Atul Jain, M.D. and Carolyn C. Moats, M.D.
This four-day live activity designed for Primary Care and Internal Medicine providers, features medical updates and management strategies on various diseases. Members of Mayo Clinic staff are the faculty for this comprehensive program made up of lectures, Q&A panel sessions, Meet the Preceptor luncheons, and in-depth afternoon workshops.
- Topics will include: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Neurology, Pediatrics, and Pharmacology.
- Faculty include members of Mayo Clinic staff and Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Optional Sessions Available (Separate Registration Fee Is Required):
- ABIM Maintenance of Certification
- ABFM Knowledge Self-Assessment Module (Preventive Care)
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete Exhibitor Documents and submit to Kristy Badder.
|On or before January 19, 2018||After January 19, 2018|
|Full Fee: Physician, Scientist||$800.00||$875.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$725.00||$775.00|
|ABFM Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA): Preventive Care (Friday afternoon)||$100.00|
|ABIM MOC Self-Assessment Module Session (Friday afternoon)||$100.00|
This course is designed for Family Medicine Physicians, Internal Medicine Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, General Practice and Primary Care providers.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Identify the appropriate use of injection therapies in musculoskeletal disorders.
• Evaluate the delirious patient.
• Review the clinical applications of pharmacogenomics testing.
• Detect the psychosocial and health consequences of sex trafficking.
• Review current evidence and options for treatment of obesity.
• Evaluate peripheral neuropathy in the office setting.
• Review the management of the transgender patient.
• Evaluate the patient presenting with urinary incontinence.
• Determine appropriate clinical testing of the fatigue patient.
• Interpret testing in the evaluation of steatohepatitis.
• Evaluate the patient presenting with pruritus.
• Identify appropriate use of medical marijuana.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Special room rates are available until the block is sold out or until February 27, 2018, whichever comes first. The discounted rate is $309 plus tax. Please make your reservations early to ensure accommodations at the discounted rate. When calling the hotel, please be sure to indicate that you are a participant of the Mayo Clinic Clinical Reviews course. Attendees are responsible for their own reservations.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 22.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
This program has been accredited by the American Osteopathic Association for 22.00 credits of AOA Category 2-A.
Other Health Care Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 22.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 22.00 AOA
- 22.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.