Hot Topics in Primary Care 2017
Course Directors: Stephanie Raap, P.A.-C., Andrea Skinner, D.O., Sarah Strahm, N.P.
Hot Topics in Primary Care is an annual seminar planned by family practice providers that is designed to provide the primary care physician, physician assistant and nurse practitioner with practice updates on the management of various patient health concerns in primary care. The desired result of each presentation is to increase providers’ knowledge and/or competence. At the conclusion of each presentation, you will be asked to evaluate whether an increase in knowledge/skills has occurred and what you think you will be able to implement upon returning to your practice.
Program Schedule (PDF)
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$225.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$175.00|
This course is designed for physicians in Primary Care, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, in additiona to D.O.s, PAs and NPs
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the health impact of pediatric obesity
- Explain to pediatric patients and parents on better lifestyle choices to help treat pediatric obesity
- Review new guidelines to diagnose and treat COPD
- Describe when referral is appropriate for the diagnosis and treatment of COPD
- Identify how adapting safe social media practices can enhance patient care in the primary care setting
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
ATTENTION: To register for this course, you will first need to set up a profile and login. Once logged in, return to this page and you will be allowed to register for the course.
- 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™