Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review 2019
Course Directors: David Bruining, M.D., Karthik Ravi, M.D., William Sanchez, M.D.
The Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is designed for candidates preparing for certification and maintenance of certification (MOC) examinations in gastroenterology and hepatology. The Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review will include relevant topics such as pathology, endoscopy, radiology and nutrition.
- Access to course recordings until the spring exam with registration*
- Mayo Clinic experts deliver the most comprehensive and time-efficient review available
- Earn more than 30 ABIM MOC points with your CME credit
- Receive a comprehensive list of high-yield facts with daily review
- Obtain Mayo Clinic study materials including a 100+ question practice test
- Faculty share more than 15 years of experience successfully preparing individuals for the board exam
- Recommended by more than 98 percent of attendees
- Course location easily accessible from around the country with great local offerings
- Attend the course in person or via webcast
*Recordings will be available beginning two weeks after the course, and are accessed through your account on the course website.
Study materials included with registration
- Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review textbook (Fifth Edition)
- Online access to course recordings until the spring exam
- Access to all presentation slides and additional study materials in an easy-to-use mobile app with note-taking features
- Electronic, 2,500-pages syllabus*
- Electronic question and answer book, which compiles all the board-review type questions from the course*
- Electronic, 100+ study questions practice test
- Electronic list of daily high-yield facts and images
All electronic material is accessible approximately 2 weeks before the course.
*Printed copies are available for an additional purchase upon registration.
|Live (Onsite) Registration|
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$1,299|
Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA,
Can't attend the live course? Click here to register for the Live Webcast
|Live Webcast Registration|
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$1,199|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, |
Allied Health Professional, Retiree
This course is designed for GI fellows, GI nurse assistants, NP and PA providers, gastroenterologists, persons preparing for GI board exams and recertification, gastroenterologists needing MOC, GI research personnel, and GI assistants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify common liver diseases including viral hepatitis, autoimmune and inherited liver diseases. Understand the management of complications of cirrhosis.
- Identify common esophageal disorders and correctly interpret esophageal testing including manometry and impedence pH testing.
- Review gastric acid physiology and common diseases of the stomach and duodenum.
- Review micronutrient deficiencies and their manifestations. Review common malabsorptive disorders.
- Review diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree including acute and chronic pancreatitis, gallstones, and pancreatic cystic lesions.
- Review colonic disorders including constipation, inflammatory bowel disease and hereditary polyposis syndromes.
- Discuss the management of GI and hepatobiliary malignancies including cancers of the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, bile duct and pancreas.
- Discuss relevant areas of pathology, endoscopy, radiology, and nutrition.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with healthcare providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete the exhibit forms and submit to Kris Jones.
Rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests at Loews Chicago Hotel starting at $229/night. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before August 12, 2019, or before the room block fills. Reservations are based on space and rate availability.
Hotel Parking (rates subject to change):
Valet: $68 overnight
Self Parking: $39 overnight
Valet Parking: $30 per day up to 8 hours
Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 32.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 32.00 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Health Care Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 32.00 ABIM
- 32.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 32.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.