Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review 2020 - LIVESTREAM
September 10 - 13, 2020 - Livestream
The Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is designed for candidates preparing for certification and maintenance of certification (MOC) examinations in gastroenterology and hepatology. The Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review will include relevant topics such as pathology, endoscopy, radiology and nutrition.
- Access to course recordings until the spring exam with registration*
- Mayo Clinic experts deliver the most comprehensive and time-efficient review available
- Earn more than 30 ABIM MOC points with your CME credit
- Receive a comprehensive list of high-yield facts with daily review
- Obtain Mayo Clinic study materials including a 100+ question practice test
- Faculty share more than 15 years of experience successfully preparing individuals for the board exam
- Recommended by more than 98 percent of attendees
*Recordings available within several weeks from the course and are accessed online through your account on the course website.
|Livestream Registration Fee|
|M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$1,249|
|Allied Health, NP, PA, Retirees||$ 849|
Study materials included with registration
- Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review textbook (Fifth Edition)
- Online access to course recordings until the spring exam
- Electronic course syllabus
- Electronic question and answer book compiling all types of board review questions from the course
- Electronic, 100+ questions practice test
- Electronic list of daily, high-yield facts and images
This course is designed for GI fellows, GI nurse assistants, NP and PA providers, gastroenterologists, persons preparing for GI board exams and recertification, gastroenterologists needing MOC, GI research personnel and GI assistants.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify common liver diseases including viral hepatitis, autoimmune and inherited.
- Review the management of complications of cirrhosis.
- Identify common esophageal disorders and correctly interpret esophageal testing including manometry and impedance pH testing.
- Review gastric acid physiology and common diseases of the stomach and duodenum.
- Review micronutrient deficiencies and their manifestations.
- Review common malabsorptive disorders.
- Review diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree including acute and chronic pancreatitis, gallstones, and pancreatic cystic lesions.
- Review colonic disorders including constipation, inflammatory bowel disease and hereditary polyposis syndromes.
- Examine the management of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary malignancies including cancers of the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, bile duct and pancreas.
- Examine relevant areas of pathology, endoscopy, radiology, and nutrition.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 32.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 32.50 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 32.50 ABIM
- 32.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 32.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.