Clinical Reviews 2020: 31st Annual Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Update
Course Directors: Atul Jain, M.D., MS and Carolyn C. Moats, M.D., MS
March 18 - 21, 2020 - Westin Kierland Report & Spa - Scottsdale, Arizona
The 2020 Clinical Reviews course is designed for Primary Care and Internal Medicine physicians. This four-day continuing medical education course features updates and management strategies on various diseases. State-of-the-art updates in topics like: cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, infectious disease, neurology and rheumatology. The course will offer grouped talks by topic in the General Session and Q & A sessions, with afternoon workshops in parallel with topics for both Family Medicine and Internal Medicine learners. ABIM maintenance of certification, ABFM Knowledge Self-Assessment and a 3-hour Opioid Update review session will be offered.
|M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$875|
|Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Heath Professional, Retiree||$775|
|ABIM MOC - Hospital Medicine and Internal Medicine||$100|
|ABFM KSA - Women's Health||$100|
|Opioid Update Review Session||$50|
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete Exhibit Documents and submit to Kristy Badder.
This course is designed for Family Medicine Physicians, Internal Medicine Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, General Practice and Primary Care providers.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Review individually tailored management of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Recognize the appropriate management of an incidentally-found pancreatic lesion.
- Review a case-based approach to implementation of pharmacogenomic testing.
- Apply an optimized regimen to the outpatient management of heart failure.
- Review new pharmacologic treatments in the past year.
- Identify inherited gastrointestinal cancer syndromes.
- Review current evidence for osteoporosis management.
- Identify management of hyperparathyroidism.
- Apply clinical pearls in the management of neurological disorders in the primary care setting.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The room block at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa is sold out. Here are some suggestions of other area hotels in close proximity (1.2 miles or less) to the Clinical Reviews conference that may have availability:
- Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road - 16630 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 - 480.477.6424
- Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites - 7515 E Butherus Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 - 480.951.4000
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale - 16620 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 - 480.348.9280
- Residence Inn by Marriott Scottsdale North - 17011 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 - 480.563.4120
Please note, we do not have special rate room blocks at the above hotels.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 26.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Live activity, Clinical Reviews 2020: 31st Annual Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Update, with a beginning date of 03/18/2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 22.50 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been accredited by the American Osteopathic Association for 26.50 credits of AOA Category 2-A.
Other HealthCare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 26.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 26.50 AOA Category 2-A
- 26.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.