Mayo Clinic Talks Episode 202: Celiac Disease
Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast
Mayo Clinic Employees - no charge. Login with your Mayo Clinic email to access this offer.
Recorded October, 2020
|The diagnosis and management of Celiac Disease is discussed with Dr. Joseph Murray, a gastroenterologist from the Mayo Clinic. |
Specific topics discussed include:
• Typical presentations of Celiac Disease in children and adults
• Difficulties encountered in establishing a diagnosis
• Small bowel pathology seen in Celiac Disease
• Mechanism for malabsorption in Celiac Disease
• Risk factors for Celiac Disease
• Celiac Disease and pregnancy
• How to confirm a diagnosis of Celiac Disease
• Laboratory tests
• Necessity of a small bowel biopsy
• Management of Celiac Disease
• Challenges in maintaining a gluten-free diet
• Potential long-term complications of Celiac Disease
Connect with the Mayo Clinic’s School of Continuous Professional Development online at https://ce.mayo.edu/ or on Twitter @MayoMedEd.
This course is intended for primary care providers: physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the current treatment recommendations for patients with hyperlipidemia.
- List the various categories of hypertension.
- Describe the current pharmacologic treatment available for patients with osteoporosis.
Participation in this Mayo Clinic online course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.25 Attendance