3rd Annual Epilepsy and EEG in Clinical Practice 2018
The program is intended for neurologists, physicians in internal medicine, family practice and general practice physicians, pediatricians, physician assistants, nurses and allied health professionals involved in the care of patients with seizures and epilepsy. The course focuses on a review of current clinical practice related to recognizing seizures and epilepsy in conjunction with adjunctive EEG testing and will include details about how technology can lead to incorrect diagnosis and treatment. An interactive and didactic format includes multimedia presentations and allows audience participation. The event will conclude with an opportunity for participants to ask questions on the cases discussed or present their own cases to the faculty panel.
Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Ph.D
Reduced Fee: NP, PA, R.N., Allied Health Professional, Retiree
ABPN MOC: Epilepsy and EEG in Clinical Practice
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete the attached exhibit forms and submit to FLA Exhibits.
This course is designed for neurologists, physicians in internal medicine, family practice and general practice physicians, pediatricians, physician assistants, nurses and allied health professionals involved in the care of patients with seizures and epilepsy.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss common errors when treating children and young adults with recurrent spells
- Describe the challenges associated with the diagnosis and management of seizures in patients with and without epilepsy
- Recognize the gaps in treatment that exist for adults with recurrent attacks when medication fails to provide control
- Discuss the impact of misdiagnoses in the treatment of epilepsy
- Compare case vignettes of patients with seizures and spells in real-life scenarios that appear during the course of routine clinic and hospital consultation
- Recognize common normal variations in EEG including the benign variants that may be misleading
- Identify when to use different techniques in recording and monitoring patients with seizures
- Recognize the impact of video-EEG monitoring in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with recurrent seizures and attacks that are resistant to medication
- Compare treatment strategies for refractory seizure disorders
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Reserve your room before October 24, 2018 in order to receive a discounted rate of $269/night (limited number available). Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Epilepsy EEG course when making your reservation.
Online Reservations: Click Here
Phone Reservations: 1-800-266-9432
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.25 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 4.00 ABPN
- 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 17.25 ANCC
- 17.25 AOA
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.