Expanded Clinical Autonomic Training
Course Directors: Wolfgang Singer, M.D., and David M. Sletten, M.B.A.
March 16 - December 31, 2023 - Mayo Clinic - Rochester, Minnesota
If interested in registering contact:
David Sletten, M.B.A.
Principle Research Technologist
Emailor Ph. 507-266-2681
The Expanded Autonomic Training course complements the Clinical Autonomic Quantitative Workshop offered every other year at Mayo Clinic. The target audience for the expanded training is physicians and neurophysiology technicians starting an autonomic laboratory or seeking to refresh/refine skills in autonomic function testing. Participants of the program are interviewed to assess current level of education, knowledge, and experience in order to structure the individual’s learning experience.
This course is designed for physicians and neurophysiology technicians starting an autonomic laboratory or seeking to refresh/refine skills in autonomic function testing.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the underlying basis for the evaluation of autonomic function
- Assess commercially available autonomic equipment
- Develop a plan for autonomic testing of patients with autonomic disorders
- Utilize autonomic testing of patients with autonomic disorders
- Select new autonomic function tests using underlying autonomic principles
- Interpret various autonomic study patterns and translate them into a meaningful interpretation.
- Identify and manage major autonomic disorders.
- Perform autonomic testing proficiently and efficiently.
- Recognize technical errors/pitfalls.
- Troubleshoot and identify patients requiring additional studies.
- Identify most common autonomic abnormalities on testing.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Sciences designates this live activity for a maximum of 72.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 72.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 72.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy
View Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.