ICU EEG & Status Epilepticus & Super Refractory Status Cases (no limit)
Course Directors: W. David Freeman, M.D., Alejandro A. Rabinstein, M.D., Eelco F. Wijdicks, M.D., Ph.D.
This course is designed for medical providers who care for patients with neurological emergencies, acute stroke and brain hemorrhage, acute brain injury, coma, and disorders that require hospital, Emergency Department and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) evaluation. The course will provide a mixture of didactic, case-based and evidence based guideline review, as well as hands on workshops. These hands on workshops include central line placement, critical care ultrasound including Focus exam, focused cardiac and lung ultrasound, transcranial Doppler ultrasound, intracranial ICP monitor and ventriculostomy placement, hypothermia and targeted temperature management (TTM), mechanical ventilation, multimodal monitoring, and ECMO workshops.
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact FLA Exhibits.
This course is designed for medical providers in Emergency Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Intensivists from Pulmonary, Anesthesia, and Neuro Intensive Care backgrounds as well as ARNP/PA, paramedics/EMS medical personnel and allied health providers including physical, occupational and speech therapists who care for patients with neurological emergencies, or Neuro ICU or ICU.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Improve medical knowledge about the comprehensive and organ based management of Neurocritical care patients and diseases
- Improve skills in core procedural critical care skills via workshops in central lines, ICP monitoring, and ventilators
- Define new evidence based guidelines for best practice of neurocritically ill patients
- Know how to recognize neurological emergencies and basic neurocritical care management.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 Attendance